Monday, October 15, 2012

Denver Urban Debate League( D.U.D.L)

Well I don't know if you all know, but some of the NCAS students participated on the DUDL. It was hard, but fun. My team mates and I had so much fun. We all talked about our case. All of us got to try both affirmative and negative. We debated if there should be more highways and high speed rails. As I said we got to expericence both affirmative and negative. We got to debate about both highways and highspeed rails. The hardest part of our debate was just having a little bit of information. We literally only got one day to study. The reason for that was because another team dropped out and our coach Ms.Damon told them we would be more than welcome to be in the debate team. Either way we did good for just knowing a little bit of information. I was nervous at first, but then I got use to it. Being on the debate team is an honor. Not everybody gets to be on the debate team. I alo believe that not eveybody can debate. It takes a person with a lot of guts to get up there with confidence and present their case to a judge without looking at your partner or opponent. I'm a very shy person so I was pretty suprized that I got up there and presented my case. At the end of the day it was awesome. We learned,had fun,and most of all represent our school.

No comments:

Post a Comment